FAQs

How far is 5k?
3.1 miles.

Is this 5k course "USATF certified"?
Of course not. We used a car to measure the distance.

Are there hills on the course?
You bet. They almost all point down.

Are there restrooms along the course?
Only if you want to knock on the door of one of the three houses along the course or stand behind an oak tree. I recommend you go before the race starts.

Are bikes, skates, etc. allowed on the race course?
Runners and walkers must be running or walking (or standing still or sitting if you're really that tired--no hitching rides with passing vehicles). Kids who are old enough to know road safety and can keep up with their parents can participate with their parents' permission. This is not a closed course and cars may drive fast on the country roads. There are no sidewalks along the road.

I haven't started training for the 5k. Is it too late?
Absolutely not. You have plenty of time. Go run today!

If I don't want to do the 5k run or walk, can I sign up for the Turkey Tots Fun Run instead?
Not unless you're actually a kid (acting like a kid doesn't count). Anyone not walking or running the 5k has to babysit.

Will there be water stops along the route?
Yes. A water stop will be set up at mile 1.5 (meaning there will be water bottles on the side of the road).

If I don't want to run or walk in the 5k, can I sleep in?
No. Like I said above, anyone not walking or running the 5k has to watch kids. But if you don't want to babysit, feel free to sign up for the 5k!

What if it's raining?
Good question. I'm glad you asked.

Can I get a refund on my race registration if I decide to drop out?
Ummm, sure?